Strong expertise in risk assessment combined with continuous innovation in product and technology has enabled us to expand our offer. Providing lending for Asset Finance and Commercial Real Estate in Australia and recent expansion into the New Zealand Mortgage market has cemented our position as one of the leading non-bank lenders in Australasia.
What we offer
- Home loans:Lending to Prime, Near Prime and Specialist customers
- Commercial Real Estate loans:Lending to Prime and Near Prime commercial customers
- Asset Finance:Lending to consumer and commercial customers for a range of asset types including cars, caravans, bikes and small equipment
- Loan Servicing:Ongoing management and administration for loan portfolios owned by third parties
Challenging the Accepted
Our vision is to be Australia and New Zealand’s leading Non-Bank Lender by helping people succeed, and challenging the way loans are designed, distributed, and offered to provide real life options for today’s borrowers.
- We were listed on the ASX in May 2021
- We celebrated our 21st Birthday
- We were recognised as Australia’s Best Specialist Lender for the ninth year running (Australian Lending Awards)
- We were recognised as Non Bank of the Year (Australian Mortgage Awards)
- The leading originator of electronic vehicles in Australia financing 11% of all fully Electric Vehicles sold in 2021
These milestones were made possible with:
- Our purpose-built, technology-powered credit model that enables data-driven insights to support market-leading expertise, defining and delivering real value to our customers and results to our business.
- Our partner growth – significantly supported through development of unique digital distribution tools like Pepper Product Selector™ and Pepper Resolve™.
- Successful diversification of our funding model, seeing increased origination levels in existing and new asset classes.
- Increases of scale, capability and efficiency of our shared service operations with a successful and growing team in the Philippines.
- Ongoing innovation in value delivery as exemplified by establishment of what we believe to be the first end-to-end offer for partners in the NZ market, with a mortgage platform, front end application management, customer servicing and collections management.
Pepper Money was established in Australia in 2000, as a specialist residential home loan lender in the local market in March 2001. The company then broadened its product offering by developing the Near Prime residential mortgage market in 2012, entering the Prime market in 2014, delivering lending for Asset Finance in 2014 and the CRE loan market in 2019. The successful development of an office in The Philippines to support the businesses servicing arm, and expansion into the New Zealand Mortgage market in 2019 has made Pepper Money one of the leading non-bank lenders in the Australasian market.
“The reason we have become one of Australia’s leading non-bank lending brands is because we are fully focused on our mission: to help people succeed. We do this by taking a real-life approach to lending and servicing in order to help those customers who have a home loan, car loan or small balance commercial loan with us. Core to this approach is putting the customer – and their needs – at the centre of everything we do.”
I have been a home loan customer of Pepper Money for some time now, and one of the things I really like about Pepper is that over the last few years they have worked with me to keep my interest rate competitive. Great customer service!
Very professional service offering – highly recommended. No unexpected costs and transparent, courteous staff members, their internet portal is very easy to use and access. Pepper Money does what they say for their customers.
- Non Bank of the Year 2021 – Australian Mortgage Awards
- Best Specialist Lender 2021 – Australian Lending Awards
- Non Bank of the Year 2021 – Mortgage Professional Australia
- Best Mutual/Specialist Lender 2021 – Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia
People are at the heart of our business
“One of our key objectives is to be an ‘Employer of Choice’. Part of what makes that possible is a culture that is driven by truly living our core values: Can Do, Balanced and Real. We invest in the development of our employees, and actively share knowledge between teams, placing a strong emphasis on our risk management culture.”
Information provided is factual information only, and is not intended to imply any recommendation about any financial product(s) or constitute tax advice. If you require financial or tax advice you should consult a licensed financial or tax adviser.
©Pepper Money Limited ABN 55 094 317 665; AFSL 286655; Australian Credit Licence 286655 (“Pepper”). All rights reserved. Pepper is the servicer of home loans provided by Pepper Finance Corporation Limited ABN 51 094 317 647. Pepper Asset Finance Pty Limited ACN 165 183 317 Australian Credit Licence 458899 is the credit provider for asset finance loans. https://www.pepper.com.au/privacy-policy Pepper New Zealand Limited NZBN 9429031065153| NZ Company Number 3416551 https://www.peppermoney.co.nz/privacy-policy