We also provide diverse products for the corporate sector and have developed a presence in auto financing.
Products and Services
Providing lending to:
- Retail customers who need unsecured loans, mortgages or auto financing
- Self-employed business owners
- Corporate clients
- Demand deposit, instalment savings and term deposit.
Pepper Group acquired one of the smallest mutual savings banks in October 2013 and rebranded the bank as Pepper Savings Bank. Led by CEO Matthew Chang, the new leadership team launched mortgage lending for the first time in its history, followed by unsecured personal loans. Innovation has not stopped there, as we continue to develop the next frontier: our digital bank offering.
We are a people-centred business looking to provide world-class credit expertise leveraging big data and working with sophisticated platforms to originate loans and service customers.
- Total assets reached KRW 5 Trillion in June 2021 (from KRW 190 Billion back in October 2013)
- Approved to establish our own pro-female volleyball team in April 2021.
- Bought and moved in our own HQ building (PepperZone) in February 2021
We have also been working hard to implement significant measures to improve the lives of our customers and our people. And as a result, we are now:
Lowering Maximum Interest Rates
Pepper Savings Bank lowered all high-interest loans over 20% per annum to 19.9% per annum in July 2021. We went beyond government stipulations to apply the interest rate cut across the entire loan amount executed.
Developing our Diversity and Fairness initiatives
Through active communication and opinion gathering of employees, the company is committed to the goal of bridging gaps between gender, generation, and hierarchy.
Sponsoring the ‘Sing Together’ Program Production
Pepper Savings Bank funded the production of ‘Sing Together’, a musical show produced by the Discovery channel, to support small business owners hard hit by the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Best Brand Recommended by Consumers – by Chosun Ilbo Newspaper (2019.2020.2021)
- Financial Products Award – “Pepper Green Financing” – by Maeil Business Newspaper (2021)
- “Korea’s Influential CEO” – by TV Chosun (2020.2021)
We are a people-centred business and are always looking for opportunities to help our team members succeed, especially amidst the challenge of working through a pandemic.
“For the last 15 years, I had to switch employers every 2 years because no company was looking to hire full time. I initially joined Pepper as a contract-based employee, and didn’t have high expectations as the outlook seemed gloomy due to Covid 19. Then Pepper unexpectedly hired me as permanent staff. Thank God. Now my husband will take care of the baby at home while I continue to work at Pepper until I retire”